At the New York personal injury law firm of Blank, Goolnick & Dittenhoefer, we believe that serious injuries resulting from a property owner’s failure to exercise reasonable care requires serious, experienced, and committed legal representation to protect your rights and secure the compensation to which you are entitled. Contact a premises liability lawyer at Blank, Goolnick & Dittenhoefer to learn more about your rights under New York’s personal injury laws and no-fault benefits.
212-925-4475 ● Free Consultation ● 212-925-4475
In some situations, a landowner can be held liable for personal injuries which were the result of a dangerous or unsafe physical condition or activity conducted on the landowner’s property.
Dangerous, Unsafe, or Hazardous Conditions
In general, a condition or activity is dangerous or unsafe if it creates an unreasonable risk of injury or harm. Dangerous or unsafe conditions which may give rise to a personal injury claim can be the result of a failure to maintain the property, inadequate or negligent maintenance or repair of the property, or a construction defect.
Personal injury cases based on premises liability include:
- Slip & fall accidents – slippery steps, wet floors, negligent snow removal (removal of snow made a condition more hazardous)
- Sidewalk / trip & fall accidents – defective sidewalk, sidewalk depression, holes in sidewalk, sidewalk grate, uncovered manhole on sidewalk, uneven sidewalk, unlit stairwell, stairway with no handrail
- Parking lot accidents – uncovered manholes, negligent snow removal, improperly marked or faded lines, negligently concealed or unmarked curbs
- Industrial accidents
- Construction site accidents
- Negligent security – inadequate security
Premises Liability Injuries
Blank, Goolnick & Dittenhoefer has more than 20 years of experience handling premises liability lawsuits and will work diligently to recover the compensation to which you are entitled because of injuries. The physical, psychological, and financial injuries resulting from premises liability accidents include:
- Catastrophic injury, including spinal cord trauma, brain injury
- Head, neck, and back injury, including skull fractures
- Broken bones, including broken ankles, collar bones, arms, legs, and vertebrae
- Knee injury, ACL injury, torn ligament, tendon injury
- Shoulder injury
- Loss of a limb, loss of a leg, loss of an arm
- Severed limb, severed leg, severed arm
- Medical bills, future health care expenses, lost wages
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Contact Our Personal Injury Lawyers
If you have sustained serious injuries in a trip and fall accident, a slip and fall accident, or some other premises liability accident, contact a premises liability lawyer at the New York law office of Blank, Goolnick & Dittenhoefer today. We offer a free consultation.